Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Perfect Morning...


Yesterday morning was one of the most treasured times I have spent with Cooper so far. We woke up at 7ish and I got a cup of coffee and a bottle for him and we headed outdoors to the front yard. It was early but warm as the mornings have been the past couple of days. We put the futon out on the patio to enjoy so Cooper and I sat there. He snuggled into my neck and I just held him for a long time, he was so still I thought he had fallen asleep. Suddenly the yard came to life, so many birds and all their calls were heard.A hummingbird or two would buzz by us on the way to the feeder..to take a drink. We saw two baby gray squirrels chase each other up and down the trees and over to our seed feeder which startled a group of dove to fly flapping and cooing off, chickadees and robins joined the group and were eating the seed.. the chickens started clucking in the back. Cooper was fixated on one thing.... I may have not even have noticed. There were all these little bees,maybe 10, sucking nectar out of our soapwart bush.He was watching them so intently, listening to their soft buzzing sounds.We sat there cuddled up for at least an hour. He was acting tired rubbing his eyes so I scooped him up and went and laid in the hammock where I nursed him in the soft sunlight to a peaceful slumber. I laid there and watched more birds and squirrels and all the activity, very at peace. When I would look at my baby son with the sunlight beams peeking through the tops of the trees onto his white hair and beautiful face... my heart felt full,complete, this is where I wanted to be.

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! You have a way with words. Sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charla, your description is one of paradise. I could picture all of it and it is everything I love too. Before you mentioned the hammock I thought "ooh, a hammock would be perfect" LOL. Absolutely incredible. You are such a beautiful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charla, what your wrote is so very beautiful. I know you were lost in time, the past with Tanner, the moment and the future. The pic of Cooper is adorable, I remember that outfit on Tanner. Cooper is just a love baby. God Bless you and your family. Love the pic of the boys asleep on the hammock. Are you going to post it????

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of the boys on the hammock is so sweet!!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway!! $40 csnstores.com giveaway!!

    http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete