Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Monday, July 5, 2010

Grandma Lilas Funeral..

Hello blog old friend. Well Grandma Lilas funeral was a hard day. I still miss her so much. It was the same place Grandpa Elmers was held. I went early to be there when they sealed her casket and we had a family prayer. It was hard to see the old friends, Art and Marge really choked me up. It was a beautiful funeral. I will post pictures of some things when I get some later.
Jennifer arranged a beautiful heart Grandmother floral arrangement to be delivred from us grandkids and her great grandchildren.I was sad she couldnt come due to pregnancy complications and other stressful things, but I am now glad as more problems have arisen and it is good she did not travel. Grandma would not have wanted her to. At the burial we stayed behind and watched her be lowered, I was gladto do it.After the funeral we went out to the hitching post. It was good to see family and old friends and let them meet Cooper.Wewent back to Grams house and it was surreal. Way too much to mention here. I miss her so much.I layed on her bed and nurded Cooper andjust looked around and took it all in, as I knew I would never see this same sight again.It still keeps me awake every night, the longing to see her, and not getting za real good chance to say goodbye, no closure to alot of things. I love her.

1 comment:

  1. I am really sorry Charla. I am sure that the same closure and moments weren't available as they were with Nana & Gramps. This is sad to say but I have to keep reminding myself that she is gone because I didn't go out there. No finality, you know? I still feel like I'm going to get in trouble because it has been too long since I called :-( I love you and I'm sorry that you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete