Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BABY SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!


First off I have to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to my big sister Jen for putting so much effort and planning to make sure I had a special baby shower! She came all the way out from N Carolina and spent so much time planning it... it turned out so wonderful and it means the world to me to of had such a nice baby shower!!!


I also want to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!! To my great sister in law Laurel for helping Jen!~ She helped to do all the games which turned out so cute and were really alot of fun!!! Thank you Laurel!


YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The luncheon shower was held July 18th 2009 at 1:30 pm at the Cornerview Restaurant in San Luis Obispo..


In attendance were: Charla Hanson, and baby in belly!(he he), Jennifer Bennington- Alex Bennington ( Chris.. he was our master videographer and photographer!)Jeanie Reynolds, Linda Spreafico, Elizabeth Nicholson, Mary Robinson, Sheryl DeGroot, Clover Robinson, Kelly Hanson, Cassie Guillisane,Bonnie Bastian, Libby Hanson, Linda Jackson, Sandra Almaguer, Laurel Hanson, Mary Hysell, Nancy Poe and Lori Threlkel... a great group of gals I'd say!!!!!! I was blessed to have had so many wonderful friends and family join us to celebrate our new upcoming baby boy!!!! Thank you all for coming! Your attendance was so special to me!


We had a lovely lunch menu- that were all printed very nicely with entree choices that went from Butternut Squash Ravioli to Salmon Salad...and a few others in between! We were served bread and raspberry lemonade.. It was done very nice and the way the room was set up it looked great.. the invites, and the table centerpieces and my cake all coordinated- I really liked it!


Next we played shower games... we played the memory game- Laurel passed around a cool train box full of goodies for the baby ( which I got to keep THANK YOU!) and everyone had only a few seconds to check it out then guess from memory what was in it... I think Lori won this one??? Am I right???


Then we played the OH SO FUN..( no it really was!) game of guess how LARGE my baby bump is with yarn... lets just say, some people were not so kind!! MOM! SHe guessed me like over 2-3 feet wider than I really was!! Actually alot of guests did- it was so funny to watch the guesses.. and Nancy guessed me just about exact!!!!! ** Thank you for the kindness!! HAHA!


Then we played the baby food game.. guessing which food each was( boy I blew that one!)

and Cassie won this one...


Then we also had a baby trivia game that had all sorts of fun questions that Clover won..


We visited and took pictures..then I opened presents- THANK YOU all for such wonderful gifts they will be so useful for the new baby and it has been so fun to look at all of them and imagine the baby in them...! Thank you also for the gifts that people sent that could not attend.


The shower lasted a good 3 hrs and was SUPER FUN!!! I was pooped afterwards. It had been such a long week so far.. and I had the reunion in an hour and a half to go to!! This is called burning the candle at both ends for sure!!



.. So I will have to put WAY more pictures up as soon as I get them.....


1 comment:

  1. Charla, reading your wonderful memories of the shower means so much to me. I am so glad that we could make your day special. You deserve everything wonderful in the world. You are precious to me!! I had a lot of fun planning and coordinating it and I would not have missed doing this for anything. I love you!

    ReplyDelete