Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Friday, November 20, 2009

Placental Biopsy Results


.. Well I went to my 6 week OB check yesterday and they gave me the results of the placenta biopsy.. yu may have remembered it was very small so my doctor sent it off..also the cord was very thin and had some twists in it.


What I can say is I am so thankful to God that Cooper is here with us. Part of the placenta had Necrosis?(sp?), what that means was it was dead. As well as very small and the cord was attached to it incorrectly. He said alot of this happened when it was first formed but that some could have to do with my increase in blood pressure in the last couple weeks as well. He also said I had very low amniotic fluid and had the meconium too. He couldnt say alot for liability but did say the OB doctors I was going to in The Dalles in the last month should have caught it.

You also may remember my repeated requests for ultrasounds and blood flow checks that were denied, also the fact that the fundal height went from being ahead two weeks to dropping a week behind then staying at that point for 2 more weeks was a good indication of a problem. I am angry because I knew that something was off yet I was ignored. The OB doctor said many babies in these conditions die in the womb, I am so thankful for my little Cooper and even though his womb conditions were probably not good for weeks or longer that he fought thru it and decided to come out 3 weeks early.. We love our precious Coop!

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for precious Cooper. He is so beautiful and such a gift. I can't imagine the horror had anything happened to him. Those doctors are terrible and need to be reported ASAP. God was absolutely looking out for all of you - and an auntie who would have been just devestated for everyone. Okay, Cooper! You are a miracle - we expect a lot from you!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a little miracle baby. Thank God you are well and LITTLE COPPER is a happy health baby. He sure had grown so much and has a very happy smily face. Looks like he is really getting a personality. I'm sure he is getting to me more fun for Big Bro Tanner. Love you all,

    ReplyDelete