Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grandmas Viewing Monday May 17th.

...It is never easy. Even though you numb some with time and loss of others it doesnt quite prepare you for the vision you will see. I had been in denial. When we arrived at the viewing only I went in. First person I saw was Dad, and I hugged him. Thats almost when it hit me, seeing him in his suit and the feelings rushed over me. I had been here before, as a very young girl, maybe 8 viewing my Grandfather in his casket. Here I was again, about to face the face I truly did not want to see. The face of my beautiful Grandmother, although I knew it was not she, anymore. I tried to be composed as people came up and said hello, idle chit chat as it was, all the while I could see the beautiful pink toned casket ahead in the aisle with the beautiful flowers all around. I almost could glimpse her, and I wanted to flee.I did not want to see her lying there, my Grandmother with whom I could never picture lying in death.After some time, I slowly approached her. I waited until no one else was there and quietly walked up. She looked beautiful, although different, however very similar. I broke down then and sobbed, to see her beautiful face lying there although I knew I came to see it was still a shock to see. I touched her hair as it was the same feeling I had touched so many times before. I touched her eyelids and remembered how I used to do that as a child. I kissed her cold cheek and told her how much I loved her, even though I knew she was gone. Gone from me, never again to hold her. I know she is no longer suffering and has joined her husband and son. That gives me great comfort. I still miss her so................... I love you Grandma.

1 comment: