Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.



The Boys!

Birthday Birthday

Thursday, September 24, 2009

36 Weeks


I was 36 weeks yesterday.. 27 days until my longest given due date.. yikes! Lots to do still! I went in for my OB appt today.. I wont give all the huge list of details.. I was 50% effaced, barely dialted on the outside of the cervix not on the inside.. My urine was fine, I had lost a pound since last week.. babys HB good.. my blood pressure however was up some 145/88.. they like it to be 140/80 and no higher when you are pregnant. Also my fundal height ( uterus measurement) was now measuring a week behind?? Hmm.. so one thing could be leaking fluid.

I did tell them I have had some extra wetness than usual TMI.. so they decided to send me over to Labor and Delivery to do a test to make sure there was no leaking amniotic fluid.. so they hooked me up to the monitors.. and while I was doing the fluid test they decided to do a NST

( non stress test) on the baby.. and started monitoring my BP.. which was not so good. While I was in there it was about 150/100 for about 2.5 hrs.. The fluid test came back negative which was good. The baby did real well on the NST test.. it measures how his heartrate reacts to his movements.. it should rise with kicks and it did.. I was also having alot of contractions measuring about 8 minutes apart. They werent totally consistant although I had at least 10 good ones while I was there.. and smaller ones in between..I was thinking they were going to end up keeping me overnight but my BP did drop to 143/93 so they decided to let me go home. I am just supposed to take it as easy as possible.

The nurses were really nice and helpful. It wasnt the most fun though being hooked up and having to lay totally still on my back that long! But thats alright, least I know the bamboozle is doing good ( Buckys name for the baby)...!!
And speaking of names.. we are working on it!

1 comment:

  1. Sissy, that is so scary :-( I am glad the babmoozle is doing well and I really just want him to be born soon. I am worried about the BP issues. Love you all! Your belly looks adorable! Hey, sometimes the belly seems smaller when the baby engages I have heard.

    ReplyDelete